Private Medical Cover (Health Insurance)
Good health is essential ~ so is good sense. Few things are as precious as your well-being. But people do get sick and have accidents. Even healthy people!
What you can do is think ahead and be better prepared for it. That means thinking beyond the limited resources of the public health system. It means ensuring that the best medical care and technology are available to you and your family. It means removing the potential nightmare of astronomic medical bills at a time when your are suffering enough. It means planning ahead with a tailored Proassurance Insurance health plan.
Better yet, avoiding the under resourced public health system will ensure you’ll be on the road to a faster recovery.
What’s covered – Proassurance Health Insurance will find the appropriate Health Care that will cover you for the cost of surgery in a private hospital, which includes:
- Surgeons’ and anaesthetists’ fees.
- Pre and post-operative specialist’s fees within 6 months of the date of surgery
- Surgical implanted prostheses
- Diagnostic procedures leading to surgery in a Private hospital
- Ancillary treatment charges incurred while in hospital
- Specialist Minor Surgery
- Physiotherapy following surgery
You could also be covered for the cost of medical treatment in a Private Hospital for:
- Angiography, Angioplasty and Lithotripsy procedures
- Other treatment resulting in admission to hospital (special conditions apply)
- CT and MRI scans
Two other important benefits included, worth mentioning
- Those covered under our Private Medical Cover that requires drug treatment to arrest or cure but doesn’t necessarily require hospitalisation, They are still covered under the Serious Illness Benefit within the Private Medical Cover. The additional costs of these drugs over and above any government subsidies, from organisations such as PHARMAC, are included in the non-surgical cover detailed above. They will have access to the most effective drug treatments available up to a maximum of $300,000 per year, irrespective of whether those drugs attract a government subsidy or not (certain exclusions apply). *** We’ve all heard and seen the media reports of the horrors where certain life saving drugs are not funded ***
- Second opinion benefit – If an insured person received a diagnosis or is recommended a treatment plan by a Specialist, which is covered under the Private Medical Cover policy, and they wish to consult an alternative Specialist to obtain a second opinion, the costs of doing so will be covered up to a maximum of $4,000 per annum under the Second Opinion Benefit – *** Total peace of mind ***
- There are numerous benefits in the Private Medical Cover we provide – it is rated the best available in the market for a good reason.
Need to know more? Call 0800 TRAUMA (872 862) or complete our contact form here.