Why an enduring power of attorney

  • To allow someone else to make decisions on your behalf when you are unable or incapable of doing so yourself
  • Property EPA – allows for management of financial affairs
  • Personal care and welfare EPA – allows decisions to be made about your medical and health care

If you don’t have an EPA for personal care and welfare

If you don’t have one set up and you aren’t able to manage anymore your family would need to apply to the Family Court to have someone appointed as a welfare guardian.

This can be expensive and time-consuming and the Court may not appoint the person you would have chosen. The appointment of a welfare guardian also needs to be renewed every few years.

If you are already a Proassurance client or about to become one, we will contribute $100 towards your EPA requirements through our Wills, Trusts & EPA’s partner.

If you want to know more about EPA’s, call 0800 TRAUMA (872 862) or text ‘epa’ to 0272 872 862 for a call back to your mobile.